Saturday, April 5, 2014

Why Blog

My name is Lia, welcome to my blog!  Right now my life consists of: library storytimes, playgrounds and naptime; diapers, snacks, dirty knees and tutus.  Football (yes, year round), cornrows and Frozen; grocery trips, Chick-Fil-A and playdates.  In-house cardio, squats and yoga pants; lunchtime, dinnertime and laundry.  Yes, it all sounds so glamorous.  Oh, wait, I forgot a few:  On-Demand, Netflix and Scandel.  Date nights, margaritas and wine/beer.  That's better!

A little more about me and my family: I am VT born and raised!  People I meet are usually surprised by that... guess I'm not your typical farmer/hippie-type that they expect (but I have my moments).  Earned my degree in CT but educated in the mean streets of Bmore.  I got laid off from my job at a non-profit almost a year ago, which has been a blessing in disguise, even though I miss my work.  I now get to try my skills at being a "Trophy Wife" who also doubles as a nanny... aka I am currently a SAHM to two beautiful little monsters (but I like the reactions I get out of the other title instead :P)  I have gained so much respect for SAHM's, and feel like I have even less downtime and "off" time than I did when I worked FT.  While some days I want to scream, cry and/or pull my hair out, the thought of going back to work makes me feel thankful for all this kiddie time I've been soaking up. We have a daughter who will be 3 in May, and our son just turned 1.
I am lucky to have an amazing and caring husband who works really hard all day with SpecEd kids in school and then helps run an after school program.  We've been making it work by saving on daycare while I'm home, even though this was never in the plans.  He is also a HS football coach, so I've been learning to accept that is a daily way of life and deal with his greater absence in the fall.
While I've been busy running a personal daycare for my kids (and perfecting whatever skills Trophy Wives must possess), I've also decided to try and work on some personal goals I have neglected over the years (most likely since I've had kids).  YouTube is seriously magic, and I have developed a great appreciation for blogs. I have been perfecting my various skills one video/blog at a time!!  From at-home workouts and fitness dances to photography, fashion and hairstyle tips, I am feeling more confident each day.
My reason for starting my own blog is to share my journey as a growing individual, wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend.  I feel like I have a lot to share, and can be an inspiration to any women out there who may feel like I do sometimes, "a Jack of all trades but a master of none."  This is my story of turning an interest into a passion that I can master and share with the world.  Learn along with me, as I'm sure there will be many bumps along the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment