Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Little Milestones

I promise that all most posts will NOT be about my children, although to be honest with myself and you, a lot of my life revolves around these little guys, which means I do have a lot to share about them on a daily basis.

Today was a milestone, kind of.  I converted the double stroller into the sit-n-stand, by removing the back seat and letting G choose her ride and hop off when she wanted to.  I know that this could have happened a long time ago, and she is more than capable of walking along next to me, but I have been liking the fact that I can put her in the seat and go.  No stopping to pick up rocks and smell the flowers... Plus we do live in the city and have to cross some busy streets to get to the "good" walking neighborhoods (ours NOT included).  Usually my purpose of these walks are a) to get fresh air (turn the tv off), b) walk the dog (who I tie to the side of the stroller since it's a small Cadillac and I need two hands to steer), and c) get some cardio in.  While some days this IS the activity, usually it is a filler between activities, or before lunch and naptime and I am trying to tire the dog out and I need to keep it moving!  So today I relaxed a little and when we went a slightly different route and ended up by a small reservoir on top of a hill, I let EVerybody out!  Crawling, running around, rolling down the hill and picking flowers.  It was a beautiful day- finally- and even though I maybe didn't get the workout I would have, it felt good.  And I was still sweaty by the end of it.  This is of course how I qualify that I got a workout, which I need, because tonight is wine night!

Speaking of milestones, Cruz has started walking around the house a lot more.  He started yesterday where he leaves the support of the couch, puts his hands in the air, and screams all the way through the house til he gets to the bathroom in the back.  He wants to be heard!  And he better get loud around here to compete with G and I!  They say boys take more time to learn things than girls, and with walking this has been the case.  G started at 10.5 months and never looked back, while Cruz seems to still enjoy crawling a lot of the time.  Another difference is that he seems to get into EVerything!  I thought G did, but we never needed toilet safety locks or drawer locks in the kitchen (just the cabinets), but I think with the combo of him seeing G get into these things and his height (95th percentile last visit), has made these things an issue!  I saw yesterday that he had figured out how to open and close the toilet, and threw his toothbrush in.  This morning I caught him "wet-handed." GROSS.  I suppose I should move the scissors from that handy kitchen drawer...

No comments:

Post a Comment