Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Banding

Tried out banding for the first time tonight with Gs hair, which I learned from one of the sites I like, Beads Braids & Beyond.    Or here is her link on facebook.
Miss A's amazing hair!
The kids got playing in a sandbox at the playground today, which is a nightmare for Gs hair!  Luckily her braids weren't too fresh so I didn't mind the fact that I was going to have to scrub her scalp, and it gave me a chance to try out this natural, heat-free, stretching technique.  This is also a great solution to going to bed with wet hair, or if it's too late to style it that night and you just want to prevent it from getting re-tangled in her sleep.  Since her hair is so thin I only did four sections and used a total of 16 bands, which was the exact number I could locate!  My plan was to try 2-4 french/dutch style braids with the stretched hair to give it more "hang-time" in the back, although I'm not sure if that's the most efficient use of the stretch or not.  She keeps saying how she wants Rapunzel's hair, which I told her is a bad idea because it's magic hair and if she had that then bad guys will want to come after her!  If that doesn't work I'll just buy her this hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment