Monday, May 5, 2014

Operation Blast This Gut!

Ok.  I am serious about getting serious!!  Summer is going to be here any minute (seriously, tomorrow it may be 90 degrees even though it's 50 today...).  Not that I will be donning a bikini much, since most of my swimming trips will be with 2 little kids at the city pool (not exactly a fashion-scene), but I am not loving how my clothes fit, specifically around my mid-section.  This has always been my problem area, as is most people's.  And let me tell you how I could care less about the numbers on the scale... I will still weigh-in to track progress, but keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat!  I am weighing less than I did before my first pregnancy, but don't feel as fit.  One of my fav apps to use for tracking is http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ which you can use on your phone, and iPhones allow you to scan barcodes which makes inputting food even easier.  It's kind of annoying in the beginning, but gets easier since you tend to eat a lot of the same stuff and you can copy from previous days rather than input from scratch every time.  If you have never recorded what you are eating, you will be AMAzed at how it helps you decide what's "not worth it" because you know you will have to write it down, or when you learn how many calories something is that you didn't think was that bad and decide to cut it out!  These simple adjustments can make a big difference.
I started this morning off with an oatmeal creation from The Abs Diet, which focuses on "superfoods" and conveniently utilizes the microwave for most breakfast options.  I made one with ginger this am, which I did NOT love, but it's a lot of food and I was unable to finish it, so I'm hoping it will keep me full longer than my usual cereal.  I remember making some using frozen berries (fresh are always better but frozen don't go bad), cinnamon and vanilla yogurt that I liked, so I will try that tomorrow.
www.theabsdiet.com This site doesn't seem to post the recipes (probably because they want you to buy the book), but this was something my husband had from before we got together and I still use recipes from it pretty regularly, even when I'm not "dieting."  An $8 book, easy read and full of great recipes!

Wait- today is Cinco de Mayo?  Maybe I should start again tomorrow... I <3 margaritas.

No comments:

Post a Comment