Friday, May 23, 2014

Biggest Loser

I joined another installment of The Biggest Loser family edition, which we have been doing on-and-off for about a year now.  I think I came in 2nd the very first time, but have yet to win since then.  It was a pretty sweet deal, lost a couple pounds and ended up with about $150 burning a hole in my pocket! This time I'm already behind... Today was the 3rd weigh-in and I completely forgot last week.  On top of that, G's birthday fell on the 2nd weigh-in day (which is why I completely forgot), and I have been surrounding myself with not-so-healthy food choices lately.  From G's bday weekend there were the cupcakes I made as practice for the princess skirts (see 13 Going on 30 post) which are still being preserved in Ziploc on my counter in plain sight, the Panda Express lunch and Chick-Fil-A dinner I treated her to, sushi and drinks for my brother-in-law's bday dinner Saturday, and the actual cake at and after the party.  Then of course I had leftover ice cream cones from making the castle cake so I had to buy ice cream (which was on a BOGO free special at Rite Aid)... This week I went with some friends to this awesome spot nearby called Hightopps, which features a outdoor patio area next to a sand playground, and if you're like me you can't say no to a good drink special on a hot day!


My friend and I both agreed we didn't need the calories but we still want it just because we can.  The food I got there, combined with the southwest eggrolls my husband ended up surprising me with didn't help my diet today either.  Ugh just writing this all down makes me feel like I need to get down and do some more crunches! FAIL.
<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=315613101926298&amp;set=a.233035350184074.1073741825.127791214041822&amp;type=1" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=315613101926298&amp;set=a.233035350184074.1073741825.127791214041822&amp;type=1">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fitness-Memes/127791214041822">Fitness Memes</a>.</div></div>

Today I didn't end up with a lot of time for a workout since I thought I got both kids down for an overlap nap and was high-fiving myself until I came downstairs and heard Cruz talking/cooing on the monitor.  So I decided to redo these ab and booty boost workouts from the other day since I felt so good after them (and am still sore!!) but most importantly because it took under 20 mins, combined.
Cruz was still making some noise as I finished but laying in his crib, so I took the opportunity to jump in the shower since I wasn't going to get a chance to try out Jessica's new dances today (she added a couple new dance routines including one for Beyonce's Partition, which I can't wait to check out).

Of course once I got out of the shower he had fallen asleep, which would have given me enough time to dance my way to lookin like this:


<sigh> There's always tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment