Saturday, May 3, 2014

Kid Corner

Fun kids lunch/dinner:  Pita pizzas!
I know I am not the inventor of these, but when G asked me for pizza I searched the fridge and this has been a favorite all week!  I will need to remember to buy more pitas...
I pour on some sauce and let her spread it, and then she likes to sprinkle the cheese (her favorite job of any meal).  Last night I encouraged her add some broccoli and cauliflower that was pre-steamed in the microwave before her cheese and she loved it!  Great way to sneak in some veggies.  Another tip I saw on skinnytaste.com was grinding up the cauliflower to add in with baked potatoes, which could work in this case as well... what a clever idea since you can barely taste it and the kids won't know to complain since they can't see green!
I was talking with another mom about how funny it is that eating is such an issue with kids: they either eat non-stop all day, or hate eating and mealtime is a fight.  You just think, "I'll put them in a high chair and feed them," no big deal, right?  But truth is, "eating" is one of the biggest deals from the minute you have that baby, and when your kid finishes their plate (including veggies), you feel like you have superpowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment