Friday, May 23, 2014

Conspiracy Theory

This article, The SAHM Conspiracy Theory does a good job explaining the issues surrounding being a SAHM and both the internal and external struggles that we face day-to-day.  I would have to add on the constant battle with myself about returning to work and elaborate on the internal struggle of losing who you were before kids/learning the balance of being 'Mommy' but still keeping Lia intact.

"Tired... Because they had fixed breakfast, then snack, then lunch, then more snacks, then dinner, only to be left at 9 p.m. with a dirty kitchen that smelled like a combination of spoiled milk and stale diapers. Because they had been picking up toys, dirty clothes and dog crap all day, but the house was still a mess."  I feel like my workday never ends.  When I used to work I had lunch breaks, bathroom breaks, driving alone in the car... gone are those days.

This whole loss of self issue is really hitting me hard with the prospect of getting a minivan.  I mean, my first "nice" car in my life and it will be a van?!  I will forever just be lumped into that "van-mom/soccer mom" category... and even though I like soccer and have played most of my life, I'm not sure I'm ready for that.  

Because this is what I imagine:

Now some hot soccer moms to make me feel better:





Victoria Beckham
Britney Spears
Random hotties

Heidi Klum


Not that I'm celebrity or on their level, but makes me feel like you don't have to be a complete sell-out!!



No comments:

Post a Comment